Chilli dogs are said to be one of Sonic the Hedgehog's favourite foods. He first mentions his taste for them in Vote For Me, grateful that the planet has recovered from the electromagnetic pulse so he can eat them again. He is later instrumental in turning the Zone of Perfection into a theme park, allowing him to buy real chilli dogs.
- Issue 101 - Vote For Me (mentioned)
- Issue 107 - Zero Zone (although it looks like a hot dog)
- Issue 260 - Breaking News ticker
- Sonic the Hedgehog's fondness for chilli dogs was first established in the animated series, Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. In the years since, they have been recognised as Sonic's favourite food in just about every form of Sonic-related media.
- In Issue 107, Sonic is supposed to be eating a chilli dog, except that there's no chilli on it.