The plot of Decap Attack is suitably loose considering the game it came from. The series revolves around Castle Frank N. Stein and its inhabitants - Professor Frank N. Stein, Chuck D. Head, Igor and Head - as they struggle to live together while Frank churns out more revived corpses in an attempt to be a famous mad professor. Many of the strips are comedic one-shots that put the creations and unhappy residents into everday circumstances only for somebody to lose out at the end - usually Igor. Early stories were much longer and followed the invasion of Max D. Cap or the relentless pursuit of Chuck by Detective Case.
Despite the series supposedly being set in modern-day Transylvania, the supporting characters talk very British-ly and the accents are derived from regional ones. As well as this, the trio have taken an adventure to medieval Swansea.
Although the entire series is focused on the four main characters, there have been a slew of minor background characters that would rival the main Sonic the Comic universe. In order of appearance, these are Kevin the Bat, Max D. Cap, Rupert, Bullhead, Croc, the Blockbusters contestant, Winston, Detective Case, Boris, Keiff, Doctor X, Terry, Take That, Nanny, Mr Cuddle Bunny, Daphne, Kevin, the Pumpelkins, Mick C McTosis, Timothy Twitch, Billy No-Friends, the Thin Controller, Ricardo, Bernard, The Snagsbys, Mr Winkleton, Tipsy the Goldfish, Peter the Perfect Pixie, Stinky Bates, Pongo, Basher, Doctor Daffyd Leek, Gareth and Blodwyn, Lord Wobblebury, Nerys H. Aboristwith, The Maltese Budgies, Meek, Rocky, Moose, Colonel Boldwig-Smythe, George Curdle, Slurp-a-Kins, Tall Tim, Mr Lowe, Klaus, Dorothy, Doctor Carcass, Midnight Nurse, Copycat, Contradictor, Giggler, Punster, Monty the Python, Reverse Psychology Man, Mystery Man, Jennifer AND Chuck's twin brother from an alternate future.
- For a while, Decap strip titles were only one word. This was a minor rebellion on Nigel's part, after Deborah Tate had asked him to use shorter story titles. 
- It has been said by Nigel that it was Deborah Tate who allowed the strip to keep running years after the Decap game had been and gone.
List of stories
All stories were written by Nigel Kitching, although many were co-written by Richard Rayner. Almost all were drawn as well by Kitching, making it his "pet project", although some were given to Mick McMahon. Kitching later admitted that he hadn't thought of giving long-time partner Richard Elson the chance to draw a strip.
- Issue 10 to Issue 15 - Starring Chuck D. Head!
- Issue 34 to Issue 39 - Who Killed Chuck?
- Issue 40 - The Replacement
- Issue 66 to Issue 68 - Monster of the Year
- Issue 69 - The Headless Snowmen
- Issue 70 - Nanny Knows Best
- Issue 71 - The Bride of Chuck D. Head
- Issue 89 - The Pumpkin Chaser
- Issue 90 - Boris & The Book
- Issue 91 to Issue 93 - The Legend of Mr Cuddle Bunny
- Issue 94 - The Hungry Guest
- Issue 97 to Issue 99 - Dead!
- Issue 101 - Walls
- Issue 102 - Life With the Snagsbys
- Issue 104 - Funny Old Game
- Issue 105 - Wish
- Issue 107 to Issue 108 - Caught By The Prefects
- Issue 109 - Dreaded Poople Plague
- Issue 110 - The Tooth
- Issue 111 - The Maltese Budgies
- Issue 113 - Fearless Monster Hunters
- Issue 114 to Issue 115 - Chuck and the Cheese Factory
- Issue 116 - Return of the Pumpkins
- Issue 119 - Christmas Carol II
- Issue 120 - Chuck's Savings
- Issue 123 - Love is Blind
- Issue 125 - Dog
- Issue 126 - Mother
- Issue 129 - The Dungeon
- Issue 130 - Birthday
- Issue 131 to Issue 132 - Decap-Man
- Hallowe'en Special - Rooms
- Issue 257 - Good Luck Chuck