- Lew Stringer - script
- Nigel Kitching - B&W art
- Steve White - colours (Part 1 only)
- John M Burns - colours (Part 2 only)
- Elitta Fell - letters
The inhabitants of the Tropical Jungle Zone are enjoying another peaceful day, until the Zone is torn apart by a fierce "hurricane". At Citadel Robotnik, Doctor Robotnik praises Grimer over his new creation, actually the one responsible for the Tropical Jungle's destruction. A few hours later, Sonic the Hedgehog and Tails arrive to assess the damage, with a monkey resident claiming that magical forces are at work in the jungle. Sonic doesn't buy it, so the heroes speed off to stop the trouble. Looking at the fallen trees, Tails spots a spy camera and Sonic feels it's the perfect opportunity to mock Robotnik. Unfortunately, this act of defiance causes Robotnik to send his new robot towards his foes. Sonic is ready to give it a Spin Attack when he sees it - but he can't see it! Just as he realises that they're facing an invisible foe, the hedgehog is knocked down. Sonic soon explains that the robot is shielded by a cloaking device. He rushes in to tackle the unseen foe but is knocked unconscious, leaving Tails on his own...
Before Tails is squashed, Sonic recovers and pulls his friend out of the way of an attack. The heroes rush off but are prevented from going further by a cliff. Sonic orders Tails to give him a lift over the river, where the hedgehog unleashes some cool watersports skills by running on the water. The spray flies in all directions, soaking the robot so that anyone can now see it. Sonic makes the effect more permanent by covering it with leaves and launches a Spin Attack, destroying the cloaking device. Despite a double-hit by Sonic and Tails, the robot remains intact - until the cliff breaks, sending it into the river! Back at Citadel Robotnik, Robotnik isn't so downbeat, as Grimer can just create a new army of invisible robots. Unfortunately, Grimer had an accident with the plans... and turned them invisible.
- This is the first and last appearance of the Tropical Jungle Zone.
- Robotnik references the Issue 72 story Odour Zone, saying that this new plan is much better than Savage Skunk.
- A caption from Megadroid states that Robotnik used a cloaking device before at the end of Sonic the Hedgehog 3. Not only does this not happen in the game, the events of the game are restricted to the Sonic 3 & Knuckles story arc in this comic.
- The splash of water makes the robot visible once more. However, water is clear, not blue as it appears in the story, so shouldn't really make the robot any more obvious.
- Grimer made the plans, so it shouldn't matter about making them invisible - he could just remember what he did before (or roughly go back over the experimental steps).