Issue 157 is the one hundred and fifty-seventh edition of Sonic the Comic. Released on the 2nd June 1999, at the price of £1.30, it contains one original story and two reprints, several features and an Antz competition and pin-up. The issue marks STC's 6th birthday.
- Sonic the Hedgehog - No Escape: Part 2
- Graphic Zone
- Tails - The Morbidden Hunt: Part 3 (from Issue 30)
- Photo Zone
- Sonic the Hedgehog - Mystery of the Sandopolis Zone: Part 1 (from Issue 47)
- Next Issue
Sonic the Hedgehog
No Escape is a 2-part Sonic story set on Shanazar. Written by Nigel Kitching, drawn by Richard Elson and lettered by Ellie de Ville, the action followed Sonic after his escape from Grimer's clutches. Not fazed, Doctor Robotnik hires Death-Trap - a group of mercenaries - to track the hedgehog down.
The theme of this week's Graphic Zone, as well as the issue, is "Six of the Best", celebrating the comic's 6th anniversary. Owners of published pictures received a Sonic the Hedgehog watch. The Photo Zone also thanks Boomers who have stuck around since 1993 (and those who joined along the way), with photos of fans. Since a lot of the merchandise in the pictures are old (Mega Drive games and early issues of STC), these photographs may be old ones. These entries received an Enamel Badge.
- Mick McMahon - cover art
- John M Burns - cover colouring
- Deborah Tate - editor
- Gary Knight - designer
- Steve MacManus - managing editor
- Sarah Colley - production
- Douglas Pocock - marketing manager
- Debbie Plummer - promotions
- Jane Ballard - promotions
- Rob McMenemy - publisher
- Julie Goldsmith - managing director