Issue 166 is the one hundred and sixty-sixth edition of Sonic the Comic, the UK's official SEGA comic. Released on the 6th October 1999, at the price of £1.30, the issue contained one original story, three reprints and a feature.
- Sonic the Hedgehog - Earth Spirits
- Knuckles the Echidna - The Ghost Ship: Part 1 (from Issue 74)
- Graphic Zone
- Tails - Zonerunner & The Big Freeze: Part 3 (from Issue 50)
- Sonic the Hedgehog - Disaster!: Part 2 (from Issue 52)
- Next Issue
Earth Spirits is a complete story written by Lew Stringer, drawn by Mick McMahon and lettered by Elitta Fell. 1860's America sees native tribes fighting off the advances of U.S. soldiers. Chief Thundercloud is angry at the Shaman's insistence that the "spirits" exist, but is wrong-footed when Sonic and Amy Rose appear from nowhere to save them. When ousted as "intruders", the pair are locked away but something else seems to come to the Indians' rescue the next day...
This week's Graphic Zone, in keeping with the main story of the issue, has the theme of the Wild West. Sonic, Knuckles the Echidna and Amy are seen in several cowboy-related pictures, with the artists winning a Sonic the Hedgehog watch each.
- Deborah Tate - editor
- Mick McMahon - cover art
- Rob Stevens - designer
- Steve MacManus - managing editor
- Sarah Colley - production
- Douglas Pocock - marketing manager
- Michelle French - promotions
- Rob McMenemy - marketing director
- Julie Goldsmith - managing director