Issue 183 is the one hundred and eighty-third edition of Sonic the Comic, the UK's official Sonic comic. Released on 14th June 2000, at the price of £1.35, the comic contained one original story, three reprint stories and at least one competition to win a Sega Dreamcast and a copy of Sonic Adventure.
- Andy Diggle - editor
- Gary Knight - designer
- Steve MacManus - managing editor
- Sarah Colley - production
- Douglas Pocock - marketing manager
- Michelle Brown - promotions buyer
- Rob McMenemy - marketing director
- Julie Goldsmith - managing director
- Data Zone
- Sonic the Hedgehog - Perfect Chaos!
- Knuckles the Echidna - Total Chaotix: Part 5 (from Issue 57)
- Graphic Zone
- Miles "Tails" Prower - Sneaker Seeker (from Issue 84)
- Sonic the Hedgehog - The Brotherhood of Metallix: Part 4 (from Issue 62)
- Next Issue
Perfect Chaos! is a complete story and the penultimate story in the Sonic Adventure story arc. Produced by the team of Nigel Kitching, Richard Elson and Ellie de Ville, the story begins in Doctor Robotnik's secret getaway, where Chaos is absorbing all of the Chaos Emeralds, allowing him to turn into Perfect Chaos! Despite their best efforts, none of the Freedom Fighters can do anything to stop this beast. Fortunately, Super Sonic has arrived and needs topping up on Chaos energy. Sonic is dubious, but it's too late, as Super jumps right into Chaos, absorbing his power.
The Data Zone acted as a quick reference guide to new readers, and a recap for older readers, of the story so far and the characters. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Robotnik and Grimer featured this issue. The theme for this issue's Graphic Zone was "Movie Madness", showing Sonic, Tails and Knuckles in various movie poses. The prize was a Sonic the Hedgehog watch.