Issue 251 was actually an April Fool's Day joke, released on the 1st April 2010 at STC Online. It was advertised in the Message Zone as Issue 251, but was really a reprint version of Issue 224, with a few updates. The joke is a dig at Sonic the Comic's decision to become a fully-reprint comic, presuming it had lost its original fanbase.
- Control Zone
- Data Zone
- Sonic the Hedgehog - Drowned
- Tails - Just Like Old Crimes: Part 1
- Amy Rose - Amy vs Tekno
Differences with Issue 224
Although the premise is that Issue 224 has simply been re-released, there are minor updates to the comic and stories.
- All the lettering in this issue was completed by Mike Corker, whereas Issue 224 contained work from Zoe Matt, Jamie Botham and Shanna Hand, respectively. Also, the story title lettering has been updated.
- A filter seems to have been added to several scenes in the Sonic story, making it look more like the heroes are travelling underwater.
- The issue has been altered to fit in with the current theme of the comic. In fact, this special marks the end of that particular design of Sonic the Comic Online, although the cover seemed to show signs of the change that was to be made in the real Issue 251.
- The Control Zone was entirely new, with Megadroid talking about STC-O's "marketing people".
- The pin-up was altered to include new resolutions.