In the Mega Drive game, Newtrons rendered themselves invisible until Sonic approached them. They would then attack either by dropping to the ground and charging with their jet boosters, or by firing an energy blast from their mouthes. In STC, however, they neither used projectile weapons nor cloaking technology. They simply attacked enemies with their claws, teeth and tails. Early Newtron models were quadraped, but in later issues they became bipedal. They have served well as melee fighters in Robotnik's army, but were decommisioned after the electromagnetic pulse.
- Issue 1 - Enter: Sonic
- Issue 3 - Mayhem in the Marble Zone
- Issue 4 - Day of the Badniks
- Issue 12 - Hidden Danger!
- Issue 42 - A Day in the Life of Doctor Robotnik
- Issue 44 - Carnival Night Conspiracy
- Issue 69 - pin-up
- Issue 89 - A New Hope
- Issue 99 - No Exit
- Issue 100 - The Final Victory
- Issue 121 - Hobson & Choy
- Issue 143 - Secret Enemy
- Issue 250 - The Battle For Mobius and pin-up
- Issue 259 - Sky Chase
- Issue 261 - To the Hero of Mobius